- How Can EquiPulse PEMF help your horse
- EquiPulse Basic Information and FAQ’s
- Compare Different Equine Therapies
- EquiPulse Testimonials
- A list of owners,trainers, stables and competitors.
- EquiPulse accelerates the healing of ligaments, tendons, muscles or bone injury by regenerating damaged and diseased tissue,.
- EquiPulse therapy enhances the synthesis of protein in the cells, allowing the body to take advantage of all the protein available.
- EquiPulse therapy improves circulation, not by increasing heartbeat or blood pressure, but by opening and dilating the arteries and capillaries. This also reduces edema (swelling).
- EquiPulse therapy increases the cellular level of oxygen absorption. Studies have shown that oxygen partial pressure can be increased by 200%. This reduces pain associated with lack of sufficient oxygen. Also, insufficient oxygen in the cells causes lactic acid buildup under strenuous exercise.
- EquiPulse therapy is particularly effective in getting to deep muscle soreness because of its deep penetration.
- The body’s natural magnetic field. This is created by the flow of electrically charged ions in and out of cells and the transmission of electric impulses through cell membranes. Only a PEMF force and not static magnets can influence electrical changes on a cellular level within the body, for cell metabolism to be influenced. In addition static magnets only create continuous low levels of magnetic induction. The EquiPulse device delivers a very short duration, high intensity magnetic pulse. This results in a PEMF which penetrates completely through joints and muscles for a complete therapy!
- Time Needed for Therapy. The EquiPulse system only needs to be used for 10-20 minutes, per body part, each day. This means that, in the space of one day, you can use the one EquiPulse device for all the horses and their riders in a barn.
- Published, scientific studies abound for pulsed magnetic field therapy. PEMF has been FDA approved and widely used in the treatment of human delayed bone fractures for over a decade, and there is a growing body of literature concerning the biological and clinical effects of this energy. A recent study using pulsed magnetic fields reminds us that in clinical studies done over 20 years, over millions of patients have been treated safely with PEMF. Now you can use this therapy on YOURSELF and YOUR horses too!
Basic Treatment Information
- Introduction Process:
- Your Practitioner or Vet introduces themselves to the animal – letting the animal smell them, become accustomed, more so if they are new to the animal.
- Introduce the Loop – The device will be turned on with a low intensity setting, letting the animal smell the Loop.
- We’ll always avoid any and all “surprises”.
- For a new animal, we maintain contact with one hand as we slowly bring the Loop toward the animal’s torso. The primary goal is to get the animal to relax.
- At a fast pulse rate (low intensity), we approach treatment areas slowly/carefully. We’ll watch for signs of discomfort or alarm.
- When the EquiPulse is working discomfort eventually subsides. The Practitioner will Increase the Intensity Level for deeper penetration/treatment and there is no need to rush.
- We avoid using the EquiPulse with:
- Fly Spray
- Toxins Agents
- PEMF creates more Cell Permeability
- Toxic Agents can then penetrate more deeply than intended and can cause an Adverse Response
- DMSO is OK … Because it already penetrates the Cells and works well with ther EquiPulse
- Antibiotics are OK… because the EquiPulse aids antibiotic performance and aids cellular mobility
Frequently Asked Questions
+ When treating a specific area can one remain in one place for the full treatment cycle or should the loop be moved it around?Good question! Depends upon how large of an area. Hindquarters and backs are large areas that need more treatment time for proper coverage. Horses generally like the stroking of the loop over these areas, so move the loop around.
When treating hocks, fetlocks, hoofs, etc. leave the loop in place for the full 10 minute treatment cycle. At 5 minutes rotated the loop 90 degrees so the magnetic field penetrates the body part from a different angle. This is a bit more challenging for stifles. When treating a stifle, choose a loop that is dependent upon the size of the horse’s stifle. A smaller stifle can be surrounded by a joint loop.
How often should the therapy be done? Can you treat a particular spot to much?Treatments can be administered two or three times daily, with 4-5 hour breaks between treatments.
Treating a spot too much: There’s no evidence that an animal can be over-treated. However, if there is recent, extensive damage to tissues then it is possible that a highly aggressive contraction could cause further trauma and hemorrhage. With a human, who for instance have a sprained ankle, the technology is applied at a low intensity setting for 10 minutes. The objective is to keep the lymphatic system open, blood flowing and reduce the chances of swelling.
How many times/days should an area be treated and should this vary depending on times treated?Since there is no evidence of negative side effects for extended use of PEMF, the treatment limits would be based upon results. A human will tell you that they feel better and that a problem area feels good and no further treatment is required. Obviously, a horse cannot communicate this. Thus, it a decision needs to be made by the owner, vet or trainer.
Many people and horses continue treatment after an injury has been resolved, as a matter of maintenance. This is more so with athletes, whether it is a human or horse.
If a horse is sedated should anything about the treatment change?The PEMF will cause the drug to be metabolized much more quickly. If a sedative is required, experiment with a lower dose and once an EquiPulse treatment commences, watch to see if the lower dose provides adequate sedation.
Can any damage be caused using the EquiPulse?Absolutely! Keep it away from water!
Like most athletes and active people, who feel amazing after a treatment, care should be taken not to push the athletic limits to quickly. Take time before attempting to run a horse hard or compete too soon, if they have been treated for an injury, etc.
If a horse becomes startled or bolts there is a high potential for damage to persons, property and the horse. Thus, the application of the loops and intensity settings are very important.
Compare Different Equine Therapies
With the proliferation of many non-invasive, drug free therapy emerging in the Equine market, invariably the question of “What’s the difference?” arises from both consumers and licensed medical professionals.
The following comparisons are not meant to be exhaustive or arrive at any medical or scientific conclusion, but to simply illuminate the primary differences among each device, their respective applications and modalities.
Is an EquiPulse PEMF treatment the same as Magnetic Blankets and Boots?
- EquiPulse has the ability to identify where a horse is sore, traumatized or injured because areas of soreness will contract/twitch in a specific manner. An experienced Practitioner will recognized this .
- EquiPulse is an adjustable device that is multi-powered with multi frequencies. A Practitioner has the ability to adjust the Gauss to provide a gentle but optimal level of penetration to a specified body part to generate results at an accelerated rate.
- EquiPulse includes proprietary delivery loops and accessories that will deliver the optimal level of power to indicated parts of the equine anatomy. The efficacy of this type of precision increases when areas like abscess in hoofs and acupressure points, necks, the pole, hamstrings, interior of stifle, are targeted for a wide variety of unique equine medical issues from calming points to colic, to navicular.
EquiPulse vs. CytoWave?
- The EquiPulse PEMF will penetrate up to 16 inches. The CytoWave’s penetration is nominal 2 inches or less.
- The percussive contractions EquiPulse creates, instantly accelerates the benefits of vaso-dilation in a manner not possible with CytoWave. The percussive muscular contractions not only creates the mechanical pumping action to increase localized blood flow but also breaks up adhesion and scarring deep in bundles of muscle fibers in the affected/treated tissue(s). This is the same reason people experience spectacular results after one treatment.
- Cell permeability, production of Nitric Oxide, increases in cell metabolism and reduction of inflammation are massive in specific areas treated with the EquiPulse, because of the deep penetration.
- Delivery Loops: The EquiPulse’s magnetic delivery loops are highly adaptable, flexible and way less prone to breakage. The Hoof Pro is the only Multi-Powered PEMF System capable of sending a PEMF signal directly into and through the Frog. No other electro-therapy device has been successfully designed to treat from under the hoof and to penetrate that deeply, including CytoWave.
- Online sources report 30 minute CytoWave treatments. But CytoWave does not offer any specific treatment protocols other than “Carefully attach the CW leg wrap on this way or that way”…same with its other treatment applicators.
- CytoWave: “This proprietary electromagnetic treatment method is not PEMF and should not be confused with this older technology” see: http://www.cytowave.com/how-
cytowave-works.html – Magnus Magnetica PEMF is not an “older technology”. Our multi-powered / multi-frequency PEMF is a crucial and emerging technology in the field of regenerative medicine during the last 10 years . It continues to be adopted because of its unparalleled ability to quickly address muscle-skeletal issues on humans, equine and small animals.
EquiPulse vs. Laser Treatments?
- The EquiPulse delivery loops have the ability to generate a much wider focal area. Our Multi-Powered PEMF technology can send more magnetic energy deeper into the body while a Laser has a very small focal area of less than in inch.
- Because only the injured or traumatized areas will contract/twitch with the use of an EquiPulse, the Practitioner can detect and identify where a horse may be injured or very sore. A Laser lacks the capacity ability to detect soreness.
- The EquiPulse PEMF can travel up to 16 inches into the Equine body. Lasers have a limited penetration of less than 2 inches, unless the laser’s power is increased, along with that is a greater potential to damage the cells at the surface.
- Whole body treatments can takes 30 to 45 minutes with the EquiPulse System. Because Lasers have a small focal point, it is logistically impossible to treat a large areas of the horse anatomy, essentially making a full body treatment unlikely.
EquiPulse vs. Shockwave?
- EquiPulse offers the ability to detect where a horse is sore or injured because only the sore areas will twitch or pulse. Shockwave has no ability to detect soreness, just treatment of a specific point.
- EquiPulse can be used on the whole body. Shockwave can only be done on a specific point such as back or legs.
- EquiPulse is non-invasive, and sedation is not required, while horses quickly relax and enjoy the treatment. Shockwave is invasive and can be painful as it creates energy by high-impact acoustic waves and concussion.
- Because of the potential for damage and required sedation, a Shockwave treatment must be administered by a licensed Veterinarian.
- An EquiPulse PEMF can reach up to 16 inches into the body. Shockwave has a maximum penetration of about 4 inches.
EQUIPULSE: the ONE common denominator everyone of These International Equestrian Competitors have in Common:
- Will Simpson (USA)
- Candice King (USA)
- Allison Brock (USA)
- Nicole Shahinian Simpson (USA)
- Mandy Porter (USA)
- Sharn Wordley (NZL)
- Shannon Dueck (CAN)
- Ilse Schwarz (AUS)
- Ansgar Holtgers (DEU)
- Callie Schott (USA)
- Lauren Fischer (USA)
- North Arabians
- Guzzo Worldwide
- Jim Lowe Show Horses
- Royal Arabians
- Cedar Ridge Arabians
- Pomeroy Arabians
- Royal Salute
- All Star Arabians
- Laurie Martin Show Horses
- Lambert Arabians LLC.
12 out of the 19 horses running in the 2014 KY DERBY all received regular PEMF Therapy! 5 out of the last 7 KY Derby WINNERS were all treated with PEMF! Maybe, not the winner in 2014 but… in the money and on TV! In the above photo, Samraat is WINNING the Gotham Stakes!
Treated with the EquiPulse Baloumina was 1 out of only 2 horses to jump a double clean in the nations cup. Similarly, Raflowitz was thrilled with her and her mare’s incredible performances throughout the week that put her in the Silver position.
“My mare literally gave me everything she could today. I’m so happy with her,” Raflowitz said. “I never thought that I would jump three clean rounds this week with her. I could not have asked for any more of her.”
“Horses FEEL and PERFORM so much better after being treated with the EquiPulse!”
“I have had 2 Grand Prix Horses treated before their competitions, neither showed lameness or any specific issues but BOTH PERFORMED BETTER and JUMPED MORE CLEAR ROUNDS than prior to treatment! I RECOMMEND EquiPulse for ALL COMPETITIVE horses… it can give them the BOOST you might not even know they needed!”
- Twisted Tree/Janet Hischer
- Morning Shadows/Becky Warner
- Freelance Enterprises
- Joie Gaitlin Show Jumping
- Tri-Star Equestrian
- Bridgeside/Bliss Heers
- Citrus Hill
- Tres Palomas
- RCR Farm/Renae Coates
- Ikast Stables/Bjorn Ikast
- Conord Equestrian Center/Mark Conley